Itto Unsai Cotton and Linen-Blend Chore Jacket
Cottle's jacket has been made in Japan by artisans using the unsai weaving method, which originated in Okayama. Favoured for its strength and durability, it was used to make the soles of Jika-tabi to protect the feet of people who worked outside. The light-brown hue was achieved using reused roasted coffee beans.
This product was made from Considered Materials using Heritage Craft, with a focus on Future Craft, Locally Made and made to Last Longer.
This product is part of our Small World collection: MR PORTER's global edit of brands that champion people- and planet-first manufacturing methods. Every piece in the capsule adheres to the principles of our Craftsmanship Code.
- Size 1 = XS, 2 = S, 3 = M, 4 = L and 5 = XL
- Fits true to size. Take your normal size
- The model is wearing a size larger to achieve a looser fit
- This jacket is designed for a relaxed cut
- Lightweight, non-stretchy fabric
- Model wears a 3
- Model measures: chest 36"/ 92cm, height 6'2"/ 188cm
- Light-brown cotton and linen-blend
- Button fastenings
- 56% cotton, 44% linen; trim: 100% organic cotton
- Designer colour: Coffee
- Made in Japan
Returns or Exchanges
Try your purchase in the comfort of your own home and, if it’s not quite right, let us know and we’ll arrange a free collection from your home or office.